THE "SEXY INGREDIENTS" IN BEAUTY PRODUCTS
Everyday, we are exposed to series of glossy advertisements that advocate eternal youth. "many nutrients to help remove wrinkles, regenerate skin ...". But, have we ever explored the real ingredients of those cosmetics?
There is one truth: No ad informs you that common cosmetics have many harmful ingredients for health and living.
The following are the most common ingredients:
- Mineral oil: mineral oil (with variant names such as petrolatum, paraffinum liquidum, paraffin oil, ceramicrocristallina), the most common we still see is the vaseline that people often apply onto their lips and buttocks. This is the product of the petrochemical industry, if you look at the ingredients it will be used in almost all creams and lotions on the market. Did you know it can account for up to 30% of a bottle of lotion (the remaining 60% is water !!)
Reason? Cheap price, non-toxic and not destroyed over time. In fact, it also significantly increases the volume of finished products, helping to reduce costs. What could be more amazing?
However, what does it do to your skin? Its main task is moisturizing. Instead of providing water and nutrients to the skin, it creates a coating that prevents dehydration, but actually prevents excretion & breathing of the skin, clogging pores, causing acne. Some studies also suggest that mineral oil can accumulate long-term in the liver if ingested (via lip balm, balm wax ...).
The petrochemical industry is an unsustainable industry, causing serious environmental pollution !!
- Silicones and polymers: this is a great plastic in shampoo, conditioner, cream, serum, gel, wax, foundation, BB cream, etc. It makes products lighter, makes hair shine or skin look smooth like "spotless". This is mostly unnatural and extremely difficult to decompose. They need almost endless decay time, causing the ecosystem to be turned upside down. Imagine every day, more than 7 billion people are spraying them in the shower …
- Ethoxylated: The most typical is Sodium Laureth Sulphate. Indeed, 99.9% of detergents such as shower gel, cleanser, liquid hand soap, etc contain this SLS. It concerns all brands, from budget to premium, including goods Brand, and worst concerns all subjects, even those who need the safest care such as children, pregnant women, the elderly, the sick. If you don't believe it, try taking any shower gel box to see if the correct Sodium Laureth Sulphate is 1 of the first 3 ingredients? Common ethoxylated substances include: Polyethylene glycol (PEG), Quaternium - I5
So what are these ingredients and why should they be avoided? Their task is to dissolve various substances in a cosmetic formulation, or act as a detergent for foaming and cleaning. These ingredients are not officially classified as toxic, but they are extremely irritating to the skin, causing itching and dryness. More importantly, their production process uses an extremely toxic gas which can potentially cause cancer to humans.
- Biocidal preservatives: extremely dangerous, especially parabens, because they can cause endocrine disorders. The new study shows that this feature makes paraben after decades of widespread use as preservatives now completely banned in Europe and many other countries in the world.
Paraben is banned, firms are now using more unhealthy preservatives such as alcohol, phenoxyethanol (extremely popular), Quaternium-15 (releasing cancer-causing formaldehyde), all potentially damaging things Skin irritation, body allergy, or endocrine disruption and cancer risk.
- The components causing hormonal disorders upset the metabolism, impact on the reproductive system, the development and life of cells and cancer. Among them are benzophenone (UV filter appears in the product sunscreen, anti-aging), cyclopentasiloxane (shampoo softener), diethyl phthalate (plasticizer), parabens (methyl-, propul-, buthyl-, ethyl-, isopropyl-, benzylparaben), phenoxyethanol, triclosan and EDTA (preservative).
- Skin irritant: Many cosmetic ingredients, both synthetic and natural, are capable of causing skin irritation. However, in the long run, synthetic humectants, emulsifiers, solvents, flavorings and preservatives are often more problematic than those of natural origin.
If you have never known about harmful ingredients when choosing cosmetics, does this information change your mind and decision? If you already know and still use them, do you really care about your own health and family members? If you say you don't know any better option, have you really studied it well?