ECOCERT ORGANIC CERTIFICATION PROCESS
Organic cosmetics are increasingly chosen by people for their safety, efficiency and good values in production and consumption. Therefore, there are many cosmetics that claim to be organic cosmetics to attract the attention of customers. So how do we know true organic cosmetics?
One of the most reliable way is to rely on reputable certification organizations around the world. Let's learn about Ecocert- the largest and most prestigious organization in the world for organic certification!
** What is Ecocert ? **
Ecocert is the world's largest and most prestigious organic certification organization. Founded in 1991 in France has been present in 80 countries and is widely accepted in the world.
Ecocert was originally just an organic certification organization of France under the name Ecocert Greenlife. However, when the trend of organic cosmetics emerges, each country has its own organic standards such as the German BDIH, the British Soil Association, Cosmosbio of France, the Italian ICEA, the birth of a common standard for the region. However, it needed common standards for Europe, and that is the reason for the birth of Ecocert Cosmos - an organic standard for the European region.
** How to get Ecocert certified? **
First want to be certified as organic cosmetics, the ingredients need:
Compliance with 4 no standards: material tree seeds are non-genetically modified, do not use fertilizers, growth stimulants, pesticides during growing. To prevent pests and diseases, people must use measures of "natural enemies" of worms, completely natural or biological pesticides that are included in Ecocert's licensed list.
- Only biodegradable components are accepted in formulations.
- Physical modified agricultural components - at least 95% of the total ingredients must be organic according to the list stated in the standard. Only allow simple physical conversion.
- Chemically treated agricultural ingredients - must be obtained from raw agricultural materials and adhere to clean production processes in accordance with Green Green Chemistry principles.
- For liquid ingredients - Water must comply with strict hygiene standards.
- Minerals and components of mineral origin - must be clean and comply with specific environmental regulations regarding use and handling.
- Other ingredients: Preservatives, colorants, and odorants are included in the list of restrictions, extracted from nature and allowed to be used to ensure consumer safety or product effectiveness.
• The plant must be GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice)-certified: clean, energy-efficient, waste must be disposed of properly• Having an inspection process to control product quality as well as the quality of plant operations• All of these factors are checked by Ecocert twice a year to ensure the validity of the certification
Ecocert also requires manufacturers to have very strict facilities and production processes:
With very high requirements on raw materials, production processes, an organic product has to achieve its goal: to respect the natural characteristics of the skin - respect the originality of the material - at the same time not create causing adverse impacts on the surrounding environment by their presence. This humanistic meaning makes organic cosmetic manufacturers also have their own approaches and ethics. This is also the goal of Zenboté when it wants to give customers a really healthy skin as it is, an experience of real beauty and harmony with the surrounding nature.
Even for packaging, details of bottles, sprays, Ecocert also require making biodegradable materials such as recycled paper and plastic. This is also the reason the packaging of organic products is often less colorful, raw materials and less "eye-catching" as other common products.
- Zenboté -