Beautify with Coconut Oil
The secrets of beauty with coconut oil are not strange, but there are many secrets that you do not know ...
Nature always gives us the most miraculous things, from the view, to beauty. Among them, coconut & coconut oil beauty secrets are truly a miraculous gift of nature.
** Coconut & how to make coconut oil **
Coconut originates from Southeast Asia, a single dried fruit known as fibrous nuts in Areca (Arecaceae). In addition to the very sweet drinking water, Coconut also contains white coconut rice, which is used as food or to squeeze coconut oil - the beauty material is very famous in organic natural cosmetics industry.
When it comes to coconut oil, you may think of the clear, unrivalled and sweet smell of coconut, but in fact, to make coconut oil, there are 3 different ways of extracting, each way brings a very different oil quality.
- Manual method: just scrape the white copra, squeeze the juice and simmer it for 6-8 hours, you will get the coconut oil which is slightly yellowish, clear and solid. Thanks to the simple way of making it, a few years ago, the movement of handmade coconut oil created a fever in Vietnam. However, the biggest disadvantage of this method is that vitamins and some fatty acids in coconut oil have decomposed, although it still has a characteristic aroma but handmade, coconut oil is no longer effective. Not to mention, handmade processing is difficult to control quality, and purity.
- Refined pressing method - hot pressing: more advanced than traditional craft, coconut rice is put into hot pan 80-90 degrees C and dried, causing coconut oil to secrete. However, this method has not overcome the weaknesses in nutrient quality being lost, requiring a large labor force and not being pure.
• Cold pressing method - centrifugation: Coconut rice is pureed, put into a cold drying device to remove all moisture, then bring it to cold pressing. This is the latest method, keeping all the nutrients of coconut oil, can be applied in industry but it is also the most expensive method because the cold pressing performance is not high.
Recently, we have often heard of a concept of "organic coconut oil." In fact, if you want to be recognized as an organic product, the ingredients need to be ensured:
- Must overcome rigorous verifications of reputable organic certification organizations such as Ecocerts, USDA, ...
- Ensuring closed farming standards, non-pesticide-free ingredients, fertilizers, growth stimulants, and gene mutations.
- Hygiene and safety production process, forcing organic manufacturers to use cold pressing method.
So, it is not natural that the coconut picked from trees grows and we have to squeeze the oil into it. Do we have "organic coconut oil"?
** Uses of coconut oil **
Coconut oil contains mainly saturated and unsaturated fatty acids, rich in vitamin E, vitamin A and minerals such as iron have the effect of natural skin care, skin rejuvenation, preventing melasma and decay. incense, anti-oxidant and has anti-bacterial properties.
- Cleaning: In fatty alcoholic coconut oil when combining this plant root with glucose (sugar starch) will create natural skin cleansing compounds. Typical 2 most commonly used compounds are: Decyl Glucoside and Coco Glucoside - These are all gentle cleansing ingredients when combining fatty alcohols of coconut oil with glucose (sugar starch). And both create an appropriate amount of foam when used. So, these two compounds are often used by organic cosmetics in skin cleansing products.
- Keep moisture: Not too strange with this use of coconut oil because it contains fatty acids, vitamin E, etc., so coconut oil helps skin to retain moisture and prevent aging very well. Dry skin will appreciate it but be careful with oily skin when using coconut oil because it is an essential oil, so it will create a layer of oil to keep the water in the skin. pores if used the wrong way.
- Prevent melasma: According to some studies from the American Institute of Dermatology (AAD) in lauric acid coconut oil, it has the effect of inhibiting Melanin, effectively preventing melasma on the skin. In addition, you can combine virgin coconut oil with honey, this way will help the skin treat melasma is quite effective.
- Antibacterial: This is really a use many people will be surprised. Due to the composition of coconut oil in addition to fatty acids, there are components Lauric Acid, Capric Acid, Caprylic Acid, vitamin A, ... these are ingredients with self-antibacterial functions that will help limit inflammation to the skin.
In addition to pure coconut oil, famous products from coconut oil can be mentioned as:
- Coco - caprylate: Considered a vegetable silicon, it is an excellent 100% natural alternative to silicone in cosmetics, providing a silky-soft, velvety feel when applied onto skin.
• Coco glucoside cleanses natural skin that organic products always give priority to.
Thanks to the above characteristics, you can see that coconut oil is used as a moisturizer for skin in skin care products, lip balm, or as a cleanser in exfoliating and bleaching products. white teeth, ...
Along with the beauty effects, those who have sensitive skin should note that coconut oil should only be used in pure form, cold pressed with moderate amount due to the great amount of fatty acids, coconut oil can cause choking Clog pores, causing acne. This is also a problem for people with acne-prone skin. Coconut oil itself has anti-inflammatory properties, so it does not cause acne, however, it is possible to block pores. In this case, using quality creams with a reasonable ratio of coconut oil will be the best option instead of using pure oil
** Beauty tips with coconut oil **
- Used to exfoliate: Coconut oil mixed with brown sugar will be an effective exfoliating mixture. Coconut oil helps clean up excess oil and impurities on the skin while keeping skin soft and moist, brown sugar helps exfoliate. Remember to shower with a mild soap after exfoliation.
- Moisturizing mask:. Wash your face and wipe dry. Mix 1 tablespoon of honey with 1 teaspoon of coconut oil and rub the mixture on your face and leave for 15-20 minutes. Rinse with warm water or mild foam cleanser if necessary.
- Cheeks: Do you wear make-up and want to have a healthy skin tone? Apply a layer of coconut oil to make-up, your face will become shinier!
If you are really attracted to the beauty effects of coconut oil, but still freak about using pure coconut oil? You can refer to organic skin care products of Zenboté containing organic coconut oil:
• Jasberry soft foam cleanser cleans with Decyl glucoside extracted from coconut and corn starch
• Hoba exfoliating gel with cleansing agent Coco-glucoside extracted from coconut
• Copa facial moisturizer with coco-caprylate - plant silicon extract from coconut oil and chamomile coat for mixed skin
• Lip balm to regenerate Joko lips with Jojoba oil extract, coconut oil, Kokum extract
- Zenboté -