The ingredients to avoid in skin care products
Did you know a cosmetic contains so many ingredients, that may be low-quality substances always find the ingredient board. So how to distinguish and identify the hazardous substances? The following article will partly help you know what kind of ingredients you should avoid in skin care products.
- This is an ingredient used by cosmetic companies with low cost. They are petroleum-based products that work to soften the skin, found in skin moisturizers, lip balm, and even in young skin lotions. It causes acne, irritation and premature skin aging. When deposited in the body they can cause cancer, weaken the liver and immune system.
- Name in the composition table: Mineral oil, Petrolatum, Cera microcristallina, Paraffinum liquidum, Paraffin oil, ..
• This is a chemical flavoring agent found in most beauty products such as balm, shampoo, shower gel, cleanser, lipstick, chalk, perfume, toner, serum ... in order to bring a sweet and pleasant fragrance for users. With these toxic aromas do you think they will be useful? Completely not as expected, you only need to use them for a while they will irritate the skin, dry and speed up aging. If used long-term may cause endocrine disorders, hormones, increase the risk of cancer
.• Names in the composition table: Fragrance, Perfume, Parfum, Essential oil blend, Aroma
* all products that can be kept for a long time, preservatives cannot be missing. The most commonly used chemicals are Formaldehyde (also known as Phosphorus for longer mummification and food preservation). Many countries like Canada, Sweden and Europe have banned the use of these toxic preservatives. But they are still found in other countries in products such as nail polish, hair gel, eyelash glue, shampoo, baby shower gel, ... In addition there is a preservative that companies use it's Parabens. A victim in the United States when using axillary rollers containing this ingredient she had cancer, throughout the United States has banned the circulation of this chemical. So it is clear that the harm they bring will irritate the skin, endocrine disorders, and lead to rapid cancer. · Names in the component table: Parabens, Pormaldehyde, Quaternium-15, Hydroxymethylglycinate
4. Alcohol and fatty alcohols:
• It is easy to identify a product with a high content of alcohol. They are found in toners, lotions, nail polishes, perfumes, etc. They work as emollients and thickeners, improving the viscosity thickness of the product. But easy to cause dry skin, premature skin aging. But for processed products the smell is hard to distinguish, only the component table can be read.
• Name in the component table: Methyl / Propyl / Caprylyl -alcohol, Cetyl alcohol
5. Detergent, antibacterial
• Sodium Laureth Sulfate (SLS) is a powerful detergent found in most types of cleanser, hand soap, ... This ingredient is used with cleansing and foaming effect. Another equally toxic substance SLS is Triclosan, an antibacterial active ingredient with a similar formula to Agent Orange, which is classified as an insecticide. These chemicals pose a risk of human health and the environment. If we use it for skin, it will cause irritation, dry skin and skin abrasion.
• Table name: Sodium Laureth Sulfate (SLS), SLES, Triclosan, .
6. Silicone, Propylene Glycol (PG or PEGs):
- For you to make up, here are the components you should pay attention to your background. Because they are used to cover pores, make skin smooth, conceale, so they are used in the product of foundation cream, powder, cream, .... In fact, when using them for a long time, they will lead to unwanted effects such as clogging pores, increasing seborrhea, causing skin irritation and acne, increasing the risk of cancer.
- Table name components: Silicone, Dimethicone, Cyclohexasiloxane (or other names ending in -one or -oxane), EDTA -ylphenol, PEG, PPG,